Hot disk change.

Johan Sjöberg johan.sjoberg at deltamanagement.se
Tue Apr 20 09:57:43 CDT 2010

You could always use a temporary disk if the controller doesn't find the array when the original disk is at another connector. I would also do the dd from a live-CD to make sure no changes are done during the copy.

Connect temp/USB disk
Boot from live-cd
dd if=/dev/sda of=/dev/sdX
Shut down, replace disks and create new, larger array
Boot from live-CD
dd if=/dev/sdX of=/dev/sda
Reboot

/Johan