Thermal issues with SC1435 servers??

Cris Rhea crhea at mayo.edu
Mon Apr 19 14:35:24 CDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 01:05:52PM -0600, Howard, Chris wrote:

> I assume you have ruled out some kind of marginal power
> situation in the machine room?

Good thought, but unlikely here... whole machine room is on a UPS
(which seems happy and has no events).

While these machines are mostly in one rack, that rack has 8
PDUs on separate circuits.  (All of the SC1435s are running on 120V,
single phase from a 208V/3 phase distribution system). Machines with
issues are spread out across the PDUs (and multiple phases).

I'm more concerned/thinking that with 70-71 degree F intake air,
the SC1435 can't deal with running "flat out" in an HPC environment.

Thanks!

--- Cris

--
 Cristopher J. Rhea
 Mayo Clinic - Research Computing Facility