Adding 3rd Party RAID card halts Linux boot

Jefferson Ogata poweredge at antibozo.net
Sat Apr 17 13:38:29 CDT 2010

On 2010-04-17 18:09, Nathan Milford wrote:
> I think the RocketRAID is confusing GRUB or something like that when it
> has a bootable volume.
>
> So I went through the all the BIOS settings, boot orders, array settings
> on the RocketRIAD BIOS etc.. no luck.

Have you tried simply disabling the BIOS on the RocketRAID?

My guess is that the BIOS boot drive order has changed, so even if it
finds grub in some boot order, grub's idea of (hd0) is no longer correct.

If you can get to a grub screen, try editing the root setting from
(hd0,1) or whatever it is to (hd1,1), etc.