RHEL ES 3 Kernel Upgrade Issue

Murphy, Brian S CTR USAF AFSPC 83 NOS/Det 4 Brian.Murphy at usafe.af.mil
Thu Apr 15 20:27:19 CDT 2010

Would I have to use each RPM in order, or are they "cumulative" (i.e., I can go from 2.4.21-47 to 2.4.21-63 without using all the intermediate RPMs, or do I need each one in order)?

Since there are a few missing, I think that indicates that not every RPM build made it to release prior to the next one coming out, and so they were rolled together (e.g., the kernel RPMs 2.4.21-54, 55, 56, 59, 61 and 62 are missing from the CentOS archive - since they never existed, rather than just "missing") - right?  Google shows no match for missing kernel RPM #s listed above.

I'm assuming that each RPM would build on the changes from the previous RPM (i.e., include the full kernel), so I'd only need to install the latest RPM - right?

Thanks again!

Brian