getting started with 2970

Andy Krantz andyk at digitalcyclone.com
Thu Apr 15 17:57:46 CDT 2010

I would try using a 9-pin serial cable to connect your laptop to the server.
Then you should be able to establish a serial terminal connection using
kermit and enter the RAID BIOS to configure your array.

The only catch is that serial console output to needs to be enabled in the
BIOS for this to work.  I think pre-boot output is enabled by default but
don't quote me on it (I mostly use DRACs now).

-Andy