debian monitoring

Jefferson Ogata poweredge at antibozo.net
Tue Apr 13 13:18:55 CDT 2010

On 2010-04-13 16:56, P.A wrote:
> Prasana, thanks for the info, I actually  had downloaded this but it
> does not come with MegaCLI which is shown on the example page you have
> below. I don't think megactl and megacli are the same, someone correct
> me if im wrong.

MegaCLI and megactl are definitely different. MegaCLI is the official
configuration and inspection tool from LSI. megactl/megasasctl is an
alternate program I authored that does some things MegaCLI does not do;
in particular it uses SCSI passthrough to get info directly from the
disks in a RAID so you can check error conditions at the drive
controller level rather than the RAID controller level. It can also
start disk self-tests and check their results.