PowerEdge 1950 LCD display

Mark Watts m.watts at eris.qinetiq.com
Tue Apr 13 08:53:05 CDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-04-13 at 08:24 -0500, Wayne_Weilnau at Dell.com wrote:
> Mark, Its been a while since I looked at a 1950, but I believe there is
>  a setting that controls LCD message behavior.  I believe there are
>  options to set it to off, default (display model and error messages),
>  or custom message.  This setting is probably in BIOS setup (F2) but
>  may be in the DRAC/BMC option ROM (CTRL-E).  In general, the LCD will
>  only show failure messages.  I'm not sure if a power supply removal
>  would fall into that category.  You could unplug a fan as another
>  test.

Yeah, I've gone through the three options (None, Default, User-Defined)
and they don't change anything. Ctrl-E doesn't have any related options.

The 1950 next to it in the rack (they should be the same hw config) is
showing a PSU Redundancy failure with one PSU unplugged, so this server
should do the same.

Any other ideas? I see a little reset(?) switch that looks like it needs
a paper clip to use - is that a real system reset or does it do the LCD
by any chance?

Mark.

--
Mark Watts BSc RHCE MBCS
Senior Systems Engineer, Managed Services Manpower