PowerEdge 1950 LCD display

Wayne_Weilnau at Dell.com Wayne_Weilnau at Dell.com
Tue Apr 13 08:24:39 CDT 2010

Mark,
Its been a while since I looked at a 1950, but I believe there is a setting that controls LCD message behavior.  I believe there are options to set it to off, default (display model and error messages), or custom message.  This setting is probably in BIOS setup (F2) but may be in the DRAC/BMC option ROM (CTRL-E).  In general, the LCD will only show failure messages.  I'm not sure if a power supply removal would fall into that category.  You could unplug a fan as another test.

Wayne Weilnau
Systems Management Technologist
Dell | OpenManage Software Development

Confidentiality Notice | This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential or proprietary information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, immediately contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of Mark Watts
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 8:06 AM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: PowerEdge 1950 LCD display

I have a 1950 (Running ESXi, although it does this on any OS) which refuses to display anything on its LCD.
Even when I have a PSU unplugged which should cause an error to scroll, nothing is displayed, save for a flashing cursor on an orange background.

Is there anything I can do to reset this?

Mark.

--
Mark Watts BSc RHCE MBCS
Senior Systems Engineer, Managed Services Manpower www.QinetiQ.com QinetiQ - Delivering customer-focused solutions GPG Key: http://www.linux-corner.info/mwatts.gpg