non-Dell hard drives attached to PERC H700 and H800

Bond Masuda bond.masuda at jlbond.com
Tue Apr 13 06:31:59 CDT 2010

For a second there, I had to check if the post was done on April 1st or
not! I'm glad to hear it, but it would certainly be nice if a Dell
employee here could confirm this and make an official statement.

I've already had 3 customers who decided to buy blackbox servers from a
local server builder instead of Dell after they found out about the
drive compatibility issue. It was their deciding factor.