Reseting DRAC password. Non-supported OS

Steve Jenkins stevej at cheatcodes.com
Sat Apr 10 17:56:54 CDT 2010

Resurrecting an old thread to confirm this works great.

1) Made a system disk in Windows 7.
2) Downloaded DTK tools from Dell support site and unpacked it to a directory on Win7 system.
3) Copied racadm.exe to the boot floppy.
4) Booted from floppy and did: racadm racresetcfg
5) Connected to DRAC (DRAC4 on an 1850 in this case) and connected with "root/calvin"
6) Changed username and password info as needed.

I had been pulling my hair out for an entire afternoon trying to figure out a linuxy way to do this. Thank you Joe Gooch for this suggestion, which took all of 5 minutes.

Steve