to access 4 Virtual Hosts from a public IP

Tapas Mishra mightydreams at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 12:39:07 CDT 2010

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 10:50 PM, Jason Edgecombe
<jason at rampaginggeek.com> wrote:

> ok, I'm a little confused. Please confirm that I understand this correctly.
>
> You have 6 hosts:
Right
>   two physical machines: A( xenhost dom0) & B (non-xen)
Right
>   four xen domU's: a,b,c,d
Right

> You have two physical networks: Net1 (public internet), and Net2 (private
> net)
Yes 2 networks
> Xen host A is connected to both Net1 and Net2.
Yes on same interface.
>Host A has a xen bridged
Yes now this is the problem wether bridge is running on it or not I am
not sure although
brctl show
gives an out put bridge name eth2
but I am using xen 3.2 and in xen 3.3 and onwards the default name of
bridge is same as
the ethernet card.

> network with Net2, so that a, b, c, and d are all bridged to Net2.
>
> Host B is Net2.

> Is this correct?
Yes

Ok by the time you replied I had figured out see if it is right.
Dom0 is acting as a router here
as this page says
dom0 from acting as an IP router: echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward.
So the way I explained ssh is working from behind.

Now the thing is I want to go to setup IPTABLES and NAT on Dom0 for
the virtual hosts.
I am very well aware of IPTABLES but Xen Dom0 is confusing me.
I want these virtual hosts to be able to connect to internet as I run apt-get
or commands so I will be creating a squid proxy on Dom0 for
DomU's to be behind Dom0 is it possible if yes if you can provide me
some link that may help me a bit.
Xen network wiki page talks some thing about ebtables.
http://ebtables.sourceforge.net/br_fw_ia/br_fw_ia.html
Now here is I am confused at ebtables and iptables.