How do I test whether network-script is running or not in Xen Dom0.

Tapas Mishra mightydreams at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 09:44:15 CDT 2010

How do I test whether network-script is running or not in Xen Dom0.
I have a Debian Lenny Dom0.Running Xen on it and 4 virtual hosts on it.
I am currently setting up a proxy server in Dom0 which DomU's will be
able to use.The problem is before I go on to set NAT I wanted to test
bridges.

So I renamed the bridge in /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp
Code:

(network-script 'network-bridge bridge=ABCD')

but when I do a reboot or xend restart and do following

Code:

openworld:/etc/xen# brctl show
bridge name	bridge id		STP enabled	interfaces
eth2		8000.0026b9824238	no		peth2
							vif1.0
							vif2.0
							vif3.0
							vif4.0
openworld:/etc/xen#

the bridge is not renamed to ABCD above output is showing eth2 which
is not even default.
So I doubt that the script network-bridge has not been called so that
it renames the bridge or there is some thing else I should look for.

--
Tapas