to access 4 Virtual Hosts from a public IP

Jason Edgecombe jason at rampaginggeek.com
Sat Apr 10 08:43:46 CDT 2010

Tapas Mishra wrote:
> I have installed Debian and Xen and 4 Virtual Hosts are up which can
> be accessed via doing and SSH to Dom0.
> I  have a few questions.
> 1) I do not want to do an SSH to Dom0 always directly want to access
> DomU's how to go for that?
> 2) Want to have 4 websites running on these 4 virtual hosts but they
> should be accessible on a public IP which Dom0 has so how should I go
> for it?

1) for ssh, run the domU sshd's on different ports, then use iptables
rules on dom0 to forward the ssh traffic to each domU

2) you could do that same as #1, but I suspect you want all web sites on
port 80. For that you'll need to use mod_proxy on dom0 and have it be a
reverse proxy for the domU's. Or you could run all of the web sites on
one host and just forward port 80.

Jason