Problem updating megaraid_sas

Paul M. Dyer pmdyer at ctgcentral2.com
Thu Apr 8 14:28:55 CDT 2010

linux.dell.com/dkms/

You could use dkms to build and install the Dell megaraid_sas driver.   Read the docs, really.   It works well, but try not to rely on it working without paying attention.   If something goes wrong, the initrd may not build correctly and the system won't boot.

I usually check the ramdisk before rebooting with these commands.  Look for the drivers in the directory tree.

mkdir /var/tmp/t
cd /var/tmp/t
gzip -dc /boot/initrd-2.6.9-55.0.12.ELsmp.img | cpio -iv

Paul