2 x PE2950 different OMSA outputs

Nick Lunt nick.lunt at patech-solutions.com
Thu Apr 8 08:37:05 CDT 2010

Hi David

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/my_systems_i
> fo/details?c=us&cs=555&l=en&s=gen
>
> Then go to the original system configuration tab it will look
something
> like:
> Quantity	Parts #	Part Description
> 5		PE 2950 III QUAD CORE XEON E5410 (2.33GH
> 5		RISER WITH PCI EXPRESS SUPPORT (2X PCIE
> 5		PE2950 ENGLISH WITH RACK POWER CORD
> 5		PE2950 BEZEL ASSEMBLY
> 5		4GB (4X1GB SINGLE RANK DIMMS) 667MHZ FBD
>
> Were the III on the first line identifies the chassis as a mark III.
>
> If it's a mark I chassis it won't have any identifier.
>
> There will be a better way to do this and someone on the list far more
> knowledgeable than myself will come along and tell you, however this
> will help you if you need to know now for a small number of tags!
>
> Cheers,
>
> David.

OK that gives me the generation number, and all my PE2950's are gen III.

So why is one server advertising it can hold 64GB and another server
advertising it can hold 32GB, both servers are gen III PE2950's.

Anything else that could be causing this discrepancy ?

Thanks
Nick .

signature database 5009 (20100408) __________

http://www.eset.com