rsync mirroring open manage software

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Fri Apr 2 14:01:40 CDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 02, 2010 at 02:30:22PM -0400, Nielsen, Steve wrote:
>    I am aware that I can rsync openmange via the documentation here:
>    [1]http://linux.dell.com/wiki/index.php/Repository/community#Mirroring_the_repository.
>

>    My question is, is there a way to only download packages related to RHEL4
>    and RHEL5?

The packages in the hardware repository all run on RHEL4 and RHEL5,
though they also work on other distros.  The packages are hardlinked,
so the only difference the suse* and sles* directories add are the
SuSE-specific metadata, which is pretty small.  You could exclude the
suse*/ and sles*/ directories using rsync if you want though, to save
even that much.

--
Matt Domsch
Technology Strategist