Disk fault with LSI MPT-SAS & MegaRAID

Patrick_Fischer at Dell.com Patrick_Fischer at Dell.com
Wed Sep 30 01:20:43 CDT 2009

Hi,

sorry it is not megacli what i mean, magalogr is the tool we use without open manage to gather the controller log. But it is not a test it is only a log which shows you the events which occur why the disk has failed. The log needs manually to be checked and is the best option to see why a disk has failed.

The file I sent to your e-mail address:

tar -xvzf MegaLogR_Lin_B.01.02.tar.gz

Command to gather the log:

MegaLogR -FwTermLog -Dsply -aALL > "/tmp/raidlog.txt"

With megacli it should be similar and like this but I never view these logs:

Megacli –FwTermLog –Dsply –aALL > log.txt

Megaraid SAS 1068E => Perc (all percs have a log)

MPT Fusion SAS 1068E => SAS HBA (has no log)

Debian is not supported, that it is correct, but below is the company (many thanks) which provide OMSA for deb based systems:

Dear All,

SARA is proud to announce that they have recreated the Dell Open Mange Server Administrator package (version 5.5) for deb based systems.

More information can be found at https://subtrac.sara.nl/oss/omsa_2_deb <https://subtrac.sara.nl/oss/omsa_2_deb>

Met vriendelijke groet, Kind Regards,

CHANGES:

========

2009-03-05

      - added a patch to dsm_om_connsvc for lenny and ubuntu that

          enables the webserver functionality again.

        Reported by: Lars Uffmann and christian at jetment dot com

        Applied by: Bas van der Vlies

      - added a path for dataeng for proper creation of dataeng lockfile

        Author: christian at jetment dot com

        Applied by: Bas van der Vlies