iDRAC 6 Express - vlan issues?

Ryan Dooley ryan.dooley at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 19:26:25 CDT 2009

Hi,
I've a bunch of shiny new R710's complete with the IDRAC 6 Express and
I'm having what look like vlan issues.  Serial Over Lan consoles seem
to work fine until the network driver for the bnx2 configures the
interface and then it just up and stops responding.

The host is on say vlan2 and the DRAC has been set to share eth0 on vlan102.

I'm using the broadcom netxtreme driver on two different hosts:
* 1.9.20b with a custom kernel 2.6.25.10 on one host
* 1.9.3 with kernel 2.6.18-164.el5 on another

Both hosts are essentially Centos 5.

If the vlan is changed from 102 to another, say 106, things work fine.
 It is as if there is a bit mask issue in handling vlan tagging.

The exact same configuration on the 2950 III platform doesn't have
this issue (but it doesn't have the DRAC either, just a bare BMC).

Any suggestions would be great.

Cheers,
Ryan