ipmitool and SOL on a 1950

Adam Nielsen adam.nielsen at uq.edu.au
Tue Sep 22 19:36:01 CDT 2009

> Thanks for confirming I am not doing anything wrong... or at least that I am
> not the only one with this issue.
>
> Sigh.

I haven't looked into why this happens, but perhaps the serial console
issues the "home cursor" command instead of the "clear screen" command?
 In a terminal if I type echo -e '\e[H' the cursor goes to the top of
the screen without clearing anything, but \e[2J instead clears the
screen (although it doesn't move the cursor.)  Maybe there's some way
you could put a script before the terminal emulator and use a regex to
"fix" the broken code?

Cheers,
Adam.