SAS 6/iR degraded state and driver version

Steve Thompson smt at vgersoft.com
Mon Sep 21 11:58:41 CDT 2009

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009, John Hill wrote:

> The latest firmware version for the SAS 6/iR is 00.25.47.00.06.22.03.00
> and is there is a RHEL update mechanism available on the support web
> site.

Gag; for some reason I entered an incorrect firmware version; I do have
00.25.47.00.06.22.03.00.

> Steve Thompson wrote:
>>> From OMSA 6.1 on a Dell R410 running CentOS 5.3 (fully updated):
>>
>>   Controller  SAS 6/iR Integrated (Embedded)
>>
>> Controllers
>> ID                                            : 0
>> Status                                        : Non-Critical
>> Name                                          : SAS 6/iR Integrated
>> Slot ID                                       : Embedded
>> State                                         : Degraded
>> Firmware Version                              : 00.20.48.00.06.14.10.00
>> Minimum Required Firmware Version             : Not Applicable
>> Driver Version                                : 3.04.07
>> Minimum Required Driver Version               : 3.12.29.00
>> Number of Connectors                          : 2
>> Rebuild Rate                                  : Not Applicable
>> Redundant Path view                           : Not Applicable
>>
>> The firmware is at the latest rev, and the mptsas driver version, 3.04.07,
>> is at the latest revision available with either CentOS or RHEL. So how can
>> a later version be the minimum required version?

Steve Thompson                 E-mail:      smt AT vgersoft DOT com
Voyager Software LLC           Web:         http://www DOT vgersoft DOT com
39 Smugglers Path              VSW Support: support AT vgersoft DOT com
Ithaca, NY 14850
   "186,300 miles per second: it's not just a good idea, it's the law"