ipmitool and SOL on a 1950

Henrik Schmiediche henrik at stat.tamu.edu
Fri Sep 18 13:19:51 CDT 2009

       Hello,

I have SOL using ipmitool working on my 1950's. Mostly.

The problem I am having is that on startup the BIOS messages overwrite
themselves leaving me with an indecipherable mess.  I can enter the BIOS
using F2 and screen is drawn properly (suggesting my terminal emulation is
OK), but the actual messages on startup do not seem to scroll. Once the BIOS
messages write 24 lines or so, they scroll to the top of the screen without
refreshing/clearing the screen.

Has anyone seen this and have a fix for the problem? I am using KDE console,
but I can use something else. The "Remote Terminal Type" is set to
"VT100/VT220" with a baud of 57600.

-          Henrik