Linux Debian 5 on PE R610 : random freeze at boot

ROUSSEL Kévin Kevin.Roussel at loria.fr
Wed Sep 16 02:39:26 CDT 2009

http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/release-notes/ch-upgrading.en.html#boot-timing

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2009/09/msg00003.html)

Le mardi 15 septembre 2009 à 07:39 -0400, Ryan Bair a écrit :
> I've had similar issues on 1850's with a PERC5/e. The rootdelay
> argument as suggested in the link given by Jefferson is the workaround
> that I have been using quite successfully. I've never had an issue
> once I set that up.

Argh! I've set up the "kopt=rootdelay=9" argument in the "menu.lst" file
of GRUB on my three machines, but one of them has crashed again this
night.

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm not facing an hardware problem. Well, I
guess I'll have to switch one of the servers to the officially supported
RHEL 5, and see what happens...

Anyway, thanks to everyone for the help.

    K. Roussel
    INRIA-Lorraine