Dell 'dset' utility for non-linux and non-windows boxen

Harald Jensås harald_jensas at dell.com
Sun Sep 13 05:46:32 CDT 2009

On 09/12/2009 07:45 PM, Jacques Marneweck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have some sample dell 'dset' utility output so that I can
> look at hacking a script together that can generate similar data for a
> PE server with another operating system?  Or can someone at dell
> assist me to generate a shell script to gather the required data that
> their support chaps can parse?

Dell DSET use Dell OpenManage Components to gather HardWare information.
This will only work on Operating systems that support Dell OpenManage
Server Administrator.

I assume you run an operating system that is not covered by the support
contract you have with Dell?

Suggest that you boot a "supperted" OS via CD-Rom, Network or local
harddrive to run DSET when/if support requires the log files.

--

Best Regards
Harald Jensås

Mobile:         +46 701912317