Ordering drive carriers from Dell

Aleks McKinney aleks.mckinney at ois.com
Fri Sep 11 11:54:45 CDT 2009

Philip,
   I also have had zero luck trying to get empty drive carriers from dell.
I ended up going with CC852 (for sata drives w/ interposers) from
softarcade.net to put in an md1000 and have not had any problems as of yet.
I just checked softarcade, when I bought them they were half the price($26)
of what they are listed at now($52).

It was my experience that the caddys do not ship with screws to secure the
hard drive.  You may need to get those separately.

Discounttechnology sells them in packs of 20($2.95) and 100($9.95)
But as far as I can tell there is nothing special about the screws.  I got a
100($3.42) from mcmaster-carr(http://www.mcmaster.com). Just search for item
number 90273A144, and you'll get "Zinc-Plated Stl Flat Head Phil Machine
Screw 6-32 Thread, 1/4" Length"

Best of luck,
Aleks