[Off-Topic] Dell EMC San and Debian server

Beinicke, Thomas thomas.beinicke at fsd-web.de
Fri Sep 11 11:17:48 CDT 2009

On Friday 11 September 2009 16:19:24 Emmanuel Lesouef wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> Is there a way to make a Debian Server to be recognized by EMC's
> Navisphere.
>
> It seems that this is mandatory to bind a LUN in Navisphere to a host
> that has Powerpath installed on it.
>
> The problem is that PowerPath is for Redhat and SLES servers. I would
> like to get rid of it and use multipath from Debian.
>
> Thanks for your help.

We're using EMC hardware via multipath on Gentoo Linux.
All you need are the drivers for the FC cards (should ship with the kernel)
and the multipath tools installed. I don't know about the kernels shipped with
Debian but everything needed is in the mainline kernel so I am pretty sure
it's in Debian as well.