Problem with SUU DVD image?

John Oliver joliver at john-oliver.net
Thu Sep 10 16:44:02 CDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 06:25:21PM +0200, Giorgio Quattrone wrote:
> You need both images: it's a dvd splitted in two.
> You have to merge the two in one
>
> - (windows) copy /b OM_6.1.0_SUU_A00.00*.iso OM_6.1.0_SUU_A00.iso
> - (linux) cat OM_6.1.0_SUU_A00.00*.iso > OM_6.1.0_SUU_A00.iso

What the...

I guess that's just too obvious for Dell to mention ANYWHERE.  It isn't
on the download page, isn't in the .txt file... and, in fact, each is
referred to as a standalone ISO:

DVD ISO Image 1
       OM_6.1.0_SUU_A01.001.iso
create a DVDROM image. Download the file to a folder on your hard
drive,
and then create a DVD using your choice of DVD burning software.

DVD ISO Image 2
       OM_6.1.0_SUU_A01.002.iso
create a DVDROM image. Download the file to a folder on your hard
drive,
and then create a DVD using your choice of DVD burning software.

Silly me for not intuiting this oh-so-obvious procedure...

Thanks for pointing this out, Giorgio.