Stop the alarm

Hostmaster Hostmaster at computerservicecentre.com
Thu Sep 10 11:37:47 CDT 2009

>However the audio alarm is still going.  Does this stop when the rebuild is
complete?  There are other servers so I would like to stop it so other alarms
are more >noticable.  Can I stop it now?  Should I not stop it.  How can I stop
it.  Any other obvious questions...:)

Hi Marc,

You can silence the array alarm through the OMSA web console. From memory, It's
on the controller Information/Configuration options, on a drop-down menu. IIRC,
you will also find the options to control the rebuild rate on the same page.

I would imagine you could also do it via IPMI or a cli tool, but I have never
had to. I know it can also be done in the PERC BIOS.

Best Regards,

Richard

All E-Mail communications are monitored in addition to being content checked for malicious codes or viruses. The success of scanning products is not guaranteed, therefore the recipient(s) should carry out any checks that they believe to be appropriate in this respect.

This message (including any attachments and/or related materials) is confidential to and is the property of Computer Service Centre, unless otherwise noted. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.

Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Computer Service Centre.