Stop the alarm

Marc Flamank maam at pml.ac.uk
Thu Sep 10 10:54:08 CDT 2009

Hi List,

I've got a PowerEdge 6850 with two PERC 4e/DC raid cards raiding the
backplane and three PowerVaults.  I found one of the disks appeared to
be removed in the OpenManage web page, and it was flashing orange in the
PowerVault.  First things first I tried to reseat it.  It worked.
Rebuild is up to 9%.

However the audio alarm is still going.  Does this stop when the rebuild
is complete?  There are other servers so I would like to stop it so
other alarms are more noticable.  Can I stop it now?  Should I not stop
it.  How can I stop it.  Any other obvious questions...:)

Marc

Plymouth Marine Laboratory

Registered Office:
Prospect Place
The Hoe
Plymouth  PL1 3DH

Website: www.pml.ac.uk
Registered Charity No. 1091222
PML is a company limited by guarantee
registered in England & Wales
company number 4178503

PML is a member of the Plymouth Marine Sciences Partnership
Website: www.pmsp.org.uk
This e-mail, its content and any file attachments are confidential.

If you have received this e-mail in error please do not copy, disclose it to any third party or use the contents or attachments in any way. Please notify the sender by replying to this e-mail or e-mail forinfo at pml.ac.uk and then delete the email without making any copies or using it in any other way.

The content of this message may contain personal views which are not the views of Plymouth Marine Laboratory unless specifically stated.

You are reminded that e-mail communications are not secure and may contain viruses. Plymouth Marine Laboratory accepts no liability for any loss or damage which may be caused by viruses.