network down after 'dkms status' command

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Tue Sep 8 19:53:17 CDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 08:22:54PM +1000, Jeff Ewing wrote:

> Sorry for replying to my own post...
>
> >>Is there a changelog for DKMS, I downloaded the latest
>
> Changelog is here:
>
> http://linux.dell.com/git/?p=dkms.git
>
> Wondering if this is a possible fix (by upgrading to thelatest version):
>
> http://linux.dell.com/git/?p=dkms.git;a=commit;h=fa830463d5341e38f4a50f35b5dbef773ade1a09

Possible. In this case, it was the 'dkms install' command that invoked
udevtrigger, not 'dkms status'.  'dkms install' may have updated the
kernel module for the currently running kernel, and then udevtrigger
would have tried to load any new modules (not necessarily just the one
you installed with the 'dkms install' command).  But it should not have
affected the system if the module was already loaded...

--
Matt Domsch
Technology Strategist, Dell Office of the CTO