Need to install Fedora Core 5 on DELL PowerEdge R300

Brian McGrew brian at visionpro.com
Tue Sep 8 10:46:42 CDT 2009

OK, so I'm in the same boat, because of legacy systems I run Fedora Core 5
on just about everything except dedicated file servers...  This worked fine
on the 1600's, 1800's and it even worked on the 1900's and 2900's  But, it
did not work on the R300, 2950's nor IBM 3650's.  I ended up screwing with
it for almost a month and no go.

Do yourself a favor, go grab vmware ESXi v4 and install that (bare metal
hypervisor) and install FC5 there.  Works great, been up and stable for over
a year now on all platforms with no reboots except bare metal firmware
updates.

-b

--
Kevin Davidson