Poweredge 6850 with PERC 4/DC and ubuntu 9.04

Scott Emick scott.emick at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 09:27:40 CDT 2009

I'm trying to install Ubuntu, but it hangs at trying to read the partitions
in the partitioner.  I have tried every hardware update for the server,
bios, and firmware updates for the raid controller card.  I also downloaded
Gparted live and it too cannot read the partitions on the disk.  The Server
currently has windows 2003 server installed (which I would like to erase)
and it can read the drives just fine.  I have searched all over the internet
and am still looking, but maybe someone here has had a similar problem?

Thanks

--
Scott Emick