Need to install Fedora Core 5 on DELL PowerEdge R300

Matias Gutiérrez Reto matiasgutierrezreto at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 07:43:44 CDT 2009

Hello!
Because of corporative needs I need to install Fedora Core 5 on a DELL
PowerEdge R300. I installed Fedora Core 9, because FC5's kernel seems
not to support the R300 hardware features.
Anybody knows if there would be someway to install Fedora Core 5 on it?
I was thinking about to remaster the CDs in order to use a newer kernel.
But I've never did that before and I'm not sure if the system will be
stable,

Any pieces of advice would be very appreciatted.

Regards,
Matías