Swapping MAC addresses?

John Oliver joliver at john-oliver.net
Thu Sep 3 11:14:17 CDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 02, 2009 at 05:18:48PM -0700, Chase Bolt wrote:
> I can't imagine he is rebooting once a week, though if he was I would
> lean more towards Bryan on this.

I am not :-)  Current uptime is 35 days.  And that reboot was after this
was reported...

BTW, the config files *do* contain HWADDR lines.

> Only time I have seen macs flipping like this so often is when your have
> bonded your nics. Are you doing a load balance or active/passive setup
> on your nics?

Nope.

[joliver at mda-services ~]$ sudo cat
# Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme II BCM5708 Gigabit Ethernet
DEVICE=eth0
HWADDR=00:19:b9:ca:5b:44
IPADDR=XXXXXXXXX.129
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
ONBOOT=yes
GATEWAY=XXXXXXXXX.1
TYPE=Ethernet
USERCTL=no
PEERDNS=yes
[joliver at mda-services ~]$ sudo cat
# Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme II BCM5708 Gigabit Ethernet
DEVICE=eth1
HWADDR=00:19:B9:CA:5B:46
IPADDR=XXXXXXXXX.47
NETMASK=255.255.255.0