omreport only working for root user

Tino Schwarze linux-poweredge.lists at tisc.de
Thu Sep 3 05:18:17 CDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 08:04:50AM -0400, Les F wrote:
> I have some 2950s that we recently installed openmanage  6.1.0 on.  As
> root, omreport works fine.

I'm having the same issue on OpenSUSE 11.1 with OMSA 6.1 - something
seems to have changed in that release. :-( I modified my monitoring
scripts to use sudo - now I get a lot of "omreport system xyz" messages
in my syslog every 5 minutes...

[...]

> Its important to me that this does not require root/su access as I
> have scripts that run to check hardware and would
> prefer them to stay running as a normal user.

I added the following to /etc/sudoers:

bigsis ALL = NOPASSWD: /etc/delloma.d/oma/bin/omreport.sh *

Then have the script call "sudo /etc/delloma.d/oma/bin/omreport.sh ..."
instead of the shell script directly. That works well (apart from the
syslog messages generated by sudo).

HTH,

Tino.

www.lichtkreis-chemnitz.de