R610 and R710 servers

Brian Mathis brian.mathis at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 22:34:28 CDT 2009

I'm in the process of buying some new servers, and just ran across the
new servers today!  They look great, but I was wondering if anyone had
experiences running Linux on them yet.  Are there any gotchas, like
drivers that are not yet available?  I'll be running Redhat/CentOS 5.

It would be nice to go with the new stuff, but the 1950 and 2950 have
been working well for us.  How compatible are the RAID controllers,
etc?  I also noticed that there's a new DRAC 6.  Will the Linux
interface work with them?

Thanks.