R710 compatibility

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Tue Mar 31 22:22:18 CDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 04:02:40PM +0200, Morten P.D. Stevens wrote:
>    relative to to CentOS 5.2:
>
>    Does CentOS 5.2 support Nehalem based CPUs? CentOS 5.2 is based on RHEL
>    5.2 and Redhat said, only RHEL 5.3 supports the new Nehalem CPUs?

Standard Operating Procedure here.  Dell did our qualification with
5.2 and 5.3 pre-releases; 5.2 works fine on Nehalem.  But as with most
Red Hat support offerings, if a bug is uncovered in 5.2, it'll get fixed in
5.3 or thereafter.  To get the bug fix, you'll have to be running that
later kernel then.

Thanks,
Matt

--