minimal open manage server admin

Jon Sabo jonathan.sabo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 19:09:02 CDT 2009

I'm sure this has been asked and answered on here a few times but I couldn't
seem find it in the threads.

What are the minimum rpm's required for Dell Open Manage server admin?  The
goals are to be able to automattically configure the bios settings, on board
raid cards, and whatever monitoring comes along with it.  No DRAC cards in
the servers.

The other question is about DKMS.  Is it required and do you need to have a
compiler installed (gcc) to use Dell Open Manage  Server Admin.  I'm looking
for the basic functionality minus all unnessary daemons and web services.  I
just want the cli.  This is for RHEL4 and RHEL5 os's.

Thanks,

Jonathan