Need help in Teaming

nitin.gizare at wipro.com nitin.gizare at wipro.com
Sat Mar 21 10:38:01 CDT 2009

HI

Thanks million

I will try u r steps

Rgds
Nitin

________________________________

From: Le C.T [mailto:t.thanhcle at gmail.com]
Sent: Sat 3/21/2009 7:28 PM
To: Nitin Gizare (WT01 - PES-SEM2-TEC)
Cc: linux-poweredge at dell.com
Subject: Re: Need help in Teaming

This is what I used to team 2 NICs (bmc5708) on our R900 running RHEL 5.2 64-bit. We are using active-passive config (mode=1)

*	lsmod | grep bonding
*	vi /etc/modprobe.conf:

	*	alias bond0 bonding

*	vi /etc/sysconfig/networkscripts/ifconfig-bond0

	*	DEVICE=bond0
	*	BONDING_OPTS="mode=1 miimon=500"
	*	USERCTL=no
	*	ONBOOT=yes
	*	BOOTPROTO=none
	*	IPADDR=xxxxxxx
	*	NETMASK=xxx
	*	NETWORK=xx
	*	TYPE=Ethernet

*	vi /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/eth<0-1>

	*	DEVICE=eth0 | eth1
	*	BOOTPROTO=none
	*	ONBOOT=yes
	*	MASTER=bond0
	*	SLAVE=yes
	*	USERCTL=no

*	service network restart
*	ifconfig bond0

You can check/verify by running nload on bond0, eth0, or eth1 to see if the traffic is distributed like the way it should.

Check the redhat site for the RHEL admin guide ( I used the RHEL 5 guide).. or you can check it out here for more details ..
http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/Net:Bonding

HTH.

Tom