Need help in Teaming

Le C.T t.thanhcle at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 08:58:58 CDT 2009

This is what I used to team 2 NICs (bmc5708) on our R900 running RHEL 5.2
64-bit. We are using active-passive config (mode=1)

   - lsmod | grep bonding
   - vi /etc/modprobe.conf:
      - alias bond0 bonding
      - vi /etc/sysconfig/networkscripts/ifconfig-bond0
      - DEVICE=bond0
      - BONDING_OPTS="mode=1 miimon=500"
      - USERCTL=no
      - ONBOOT=yes
      - BOOTPROTO=none
      - IPADDR=xxxxxxx
      - NETMASK=xxx
      - NETWORK=xx
      - TYPE=Ethernet
      - vi /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/eth<0-1>
      - DEVICE=eth0 | eth1
      - BOOTPROTO=none
      - ONBOOT=yes
      - MASTER=bond0
      - SLAVE=yes
      - USERCTL=no
      - service network restart
   - ifconfig bond0

You can check/verify by running nload on bond0, eth0, or eth1 to see if the
traffic is distributed like the way it should.

Check the redhat site for the RHEL admin guide ( I used the RHEL 5 guide)..
or you can check it out here for more details ..
http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/Net:Bonding

HTH.

Tom

On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 2:04 AM, <nitin.gizare at wipro.com> wrote:

>  HI
>

> I have R900 with 4 NIC ‘s with RHEL 4.0 Up5.
>
> I would like implement teaming of N.W cards to boost  performance of N.W .
>
> Pls help in this regards
>

> Rgds
>
> Nitin
>

> * Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary. *

> message and any attachments.

> should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The
> by this email.
>
> www.wipro.com

Sent from my iPoopd