Memory configuration on T105

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Fri Mar 20 15:21:59 CDT 2009

Lazy wrote:

>>> did You put new module in the same bank as before ?
>>
>> As I mentioned, I tried the 2 modules both ways round
>> (in banks 1 and 2).
>
> there should be 4 banks in T105,
>
> if you have 2 modules maybe they should go to bank 1 and 3

I tried that, but the machine wouldn't boot - it just beeped.

In any case, it says on the label inside the machine:
"Memory modules must be installed in ordered pairs
in connectors DIMM_1 and DIMM_2,
and then DIMM_3 and DIMM_4."
(I tried DIMM_3 and DIMM_4, but that didn't work.)

It also says:
"If more than one memory module is installed,
the memory modules must be installed in pairs
of matched memory size, speed and technology."

As I mentioned, my two modules appear to be identical
in every respect.

Has no-one else with a T105 had this warning,
that "memory configuration is not optimal"?

I notice that I have Bios version 1.0.1.
I don't see any more recent version?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net