Connecting MD1000's to MD3000i

Sid Young Sidney.Young at globalx.com.au
Wed Mar 18 17:54:33 CDT 2009

G'Day all,

I have a question for the MD1000/MD3000 experts, I have an MD3000i that
I want to connect 2 MD1000's to so that I end up with a total of 45
disks showing up. Do I need to connect two cables from the MD3000i to
the first MD1000 and then daisy chain the second MD1000 off the first or
do I cable each MD1000 to the MD3000i?

If I connect an MD1000 to an MD3000i do I need to connect both cables to
get fault tolerance/redundancy?

Sid

General Notice and Disclaimer:
GXS, Access Business Information, UrbisPro, RealtyPro, Webmap, SearchAus, Inspex, Aussearch, OnlineLegal, Open Practice and OP Solutions are wholly owned entities of GlobalX Information Services Pty Ltd (GIS) ABN 00 073 436 414. GIS believes that the information contained in this document is accurate when issued. However, e-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Therefore GIS does not warrant that such information is accurate, reliable, complete or up to date, and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, disclaims all liability of GIS and its Associates for any loss or damage suffered by any person by reason of the use by that person of, or their reliance on, any information contained in this document or any error or defect in this document, whether arising from the negligence of GIS or its Associates or otherwise.

Confidential Communication:
Should this email contain confidential within the subject line, then this e-mail message and any attachments contain copyright material of GIS and/or information that is confidential and subject to privilege. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please contact GIS immediately by return e-mail or by telephone on 1300 362 585 or +61 2 9429 8900. In this case, you must not read, print, disseminate, copy, store or act in reliance on this e-mail or any of the accompanying attachments; and you must destroy all copies of this e-mail message. This notice should not be removed.