OMSA package dependencies?

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Mon Mar 16 08:07:13 CDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 12:53:44PM +0100, christian.peper at kpn.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been using the OMSA SUU DVD ISO image to update the firmware on my
> servers. It all goes well, if run from the console and not DRAC. ;)
> Duuh!
>
> However, I'm busy configuring a new Linux baseline for RHEL 5.3 and
> trying to minimize the packages that I install. So I'm not using a
> default package list but rather a heavily tuned list of packages.

If you're not using kickstart %packages or yum to handle the
dependency resolution for you, then you're a masochist. :-)

> On my test machines with a custom package list, the SUU update action
> fails (suu -u) whereas 'suu -c' finishes fine. So far, I've managed to
> determine that
> net-snmp
> net-snmp-utils
> ncurses
> libxml2
> compat-libstdc++-33
> Openipmi
> are required packages, but I can't find an official list of OMSA
> dependencies.
>
> Has any found one list of requirements or does anyone have additional
> pointers?

Over the RPMs that are in srvadmin/ for OMSA 5.5 on a PE2950,
$ for f in *.rpm; do rpm -qp --requires $f >> /tmp/requires1.txt; done
$ sort /tmp/requires1.txt | uniq

/bin/bash
/bin/sh
kernel >= 2.2.14
libclpsup32.so.3
libc.so.6
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.4)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3)
libdcecfl32.so.5
libdchbas32.so.5
libdchipm32.so.5
libdcsdrs32.so
libdcsdrs32.so.3
libdcsgen32.so.5
libdcship32.so.5
libdcsmil32.so.5
libdcsupt32.so.5
libdevent32.so.3
libdl.so.2
libdl.so.2(GLIBC_2.0)
libdl.so.2(GLIBC_2.1)
libdnet32.so.1
libdsupt32.so.1
libdweb32.so.1
libgcc_s.so.1
libgcc_s.so.1(GCC_3.0)
libgcc_s.so.1(GLIBC_2.0)
libm.so.6
libm.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)
libncurses.so.5
libomacs32.so.1
libomadb32.so.3
libomcldb32.so.3
libomclpr32.so.3
libomintf32.so.3
libomsas32.so.3
libpam.so.0
libpthread.so.0
libpthread.so.0(GLIBC_2.0)
libpthread.so.0(GLIBC_2.1)
libpthread.so.0(GLIBC_2.2)
libpthread.so.0(GLIBC_2.3.2)
librac.so
librac.so.1
libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3
libstdc++.so.5
libstdc++.so.5(GLIBCPP_3.2)
libstdc++.so.5(GLIBCPP_3.2.2)
libxml2.so.2
libxmlsup32.so.2
libz.so.1
openssl >= 0.9.6b
pam >= 0.59
pciutils
ppp >= 2.3.11
rpm >= 4.0.4
rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1
rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
rpmlib(VersionedDependencies) <= 3.0.3-1
setserial
srvadmin-deng
srvadmin-deng = 5.5.0
srvadmin-hapi