Memory configuration on T105

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Thu Mar 12 15:57:29 CDT 2009

Timothy Murphy wrote:

> William Warren wrote:
>
>>> But whenever I re-boot Centos-5.2 on the PowerEdge T105
>>> I am told that the "memory configuration is not optimal",
>>> and I have to press F1 to re-boot.
>
>> I have a '105.  Are the modules identical?
>> If not you;ll get that message.

I checked, and the memory modules are as identical as they could be.
They are both Samsung PC2 5300E-555-12-G3 2GB modules.

I tried leaving the computer for 15 minutes
at the point where it tells me to press F1 or F2,
but the boot did not proceed.

I'm quite baffled by this.
I see nothing in the BIOS, or in the F2 config,
that could possibly be relevant.

I tried swapping the modules round,
but that had no effect.

Any suggestions or advice gratefully received.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net