Debian Lenny (5.0) on Dell PowerEdge r300

Matheus Bezerra Estrela Rodrigues matheus at tre-pb.gov.br
Wed Mar 11 13:26:55 CDT 2009

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 13:52:55 +0100
"Morten P.D. Stevens" <mstevens at win-professional.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i suggest RHEL 5 / CentOS 5 on dell poweredge hardware. If you need
> necessarily a debian based linux just use Ubuntu Server 8.10. (there are
> also commercial drivers and firmware > broadcom)
> On our Dell servers RHEL 5 and CentOS 5 is working very good and
> rockstable.
>
> Morten

first of all, thanks to all replies =]

I did installed the firmware package, and why I can't explain, after this even the boot messages got to work. its not 100% ok, but by what was is good enough. We use debian as main distro, and all our tests were made in debian environment, so we must use it. and etch was perfect.

I'll keep on testing, but I think by now its ok.

thanks again,

matheus