Debian Lenny (5.0) on Dell PowerEdge r300

Lars Uffmann lars.uffmann at dlr.de
Wed Mar 11 09:56:40 CDT 2009

Alex Mestiashvili wrote:
>> I have some PowerEdge 2950, and they are no good on lenny debian.
>> Broadcom nics are not recognized on boot (nor installation) and the boot process is not echoed on screen. it freezes, complaints about one usb device (which I have no idea), says bad things about the bnx firmware and just refresh screen when about to show the prompt.
>>
> Hi ,  install firmware-bnx2 .
> everything works fine for me so far .

I can confirm this for the Dell PowerEdge 2900 - with the firmware-bnx2
installation at boot time (I downloaded it from somewhere, put it on USB
drive main folder and the Graphical Expert Installation found it there),
everything worked fine - I just had to do a tweak to get the web
interface service running - but that is included in the latest dellomsa
release from sara.

Best Regards,

   Lars

--