Debian Lenny (5.0) on Dell PowerEdge r300

Rich Henning tonaleclipse at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 09:32:26 CST 2009

On Mar 4, 2009, at 8:57 AM, Serge wrote:
> We have 3 R300 with SAS disk with Lenny and 3 R300 with SATA disk with
> Lenny, all with dual Broadcom Gigabit.

Do R300's share the BCM5708 LOM chip w/ many of the other PEs?  The
only weird thing I ran into was that the bnx2 driver requires closed
firmware microcode not on the lenny install CD due to licensing.
Easily remedied by:
	http://www.debian.org/releases/lenny/amd64/ch02s02.html.en

or installing firmware-bnx2 & rebuiding your initramfs on dist-upgrade.

More discussion:
	http://wiki.debian.org/KernelFirmwareLicensing

Take care
-R