network card bandwidth on a poweredge 1850?

Brett Dikeman brett.dikeman at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 20:52:28 CST 2009

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 9:23 PM, Sabuj Pattanayek <sabujp at gmail.com> wrote:

> You probably need to use bonding in round robin mode and enable
> LACP/trunking on the switch.

LACP is just an auto-negotiated bonding.  I'm currently using xor'd
mode, and I am seeing traffic roughly split between the two
interfaces.  It's usually about 40/60.

>> impossible to do so?  Unfortunately, I do not have any spare NICs
>
> Not impossible, expensive NAS heads do it.

I'm aware expensive NAS's do it; I did it back in '99 on a NetApp.  I
asked if anyone had either success or failure with an 1850.

Brett