OMSA 5 on Debian Sarge

Johan Sjöberg johan.sjoberg at deltamanagement.se
Tue Mar 3 13:34:59 CST 2009

Hi.

I have been trying to get OMSA 5 working in Debian Sarge on a PE2650. I installed libopenipmi0_2.0.2-2_i386.deb, openipmi_2.0.2-2_i386.deb and dellomsa_5.1.0-2_i386.deb packages from http://linux.dell.com/files/openmanage-contributions/debian/omsa5.1/. I started dsm_sa_ipmi and dataeng, and after that I was able to pull RAID information using "omreport storage" or SNMP. But power, temp and fans info does not work, "omreport chassis" only shows:
delltest:/etc/init.d# omreport chassis
Health

Main System Chassis

SEVERITY : COMPONENT
Ok       : Memory
Ok       : Processors

For further help, type the command followed by -?

Do you have any suggestions what I can do to get the other parts working? We can not update to a later version of Debian, due to a customer's application. Is there any log file I can check?

Regards,
Johan Sjöberg

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3900 (20090302) __________

http://www.eset.com