Read only filesystem

Joe Malicki jmalicki at metacarta.com
Mon Mar 2 21:22:50 CST 2009

Older firmwares definitely had a lot of issues similar to that.

Also, older kernels (pre-2.6.19.2 iirc, though it may be slightly
newer) had some driver issues.

MegaCli (downloadable from LSI's support website) allows you to update
the RAID controller firmware from the commandline (get the Dell .bin
and do a --extract first to get the firmware file), which will take
effect on reboot.

-joe malicki