megasas: Failed to copy out to user sense data - What it means, do i need to worry about?

Torsten Krah tkrah at fachschaft.imn.htwk-leipzig.de
Fri Feb 27 02:59:51 CST 2009

Sorry for the late reply, but i am still hitting this message, so in your
reply to your question:

>Could you please be specific about your hardware config? What
megaraid/megasas driver version are you using? Posting dmesg will also help.
>Were you trying to retrieve some info from your storage card when these
messages appeared?

I've got a power edge 2900.
Using Perc5/i controller:

Firmware:	5.2.1-0067
Driver: 00.00.03.16-rc1

megasas dmesg:

megasas: 00.00.03.16-rc1 Thu. Nov. 07 10:09:32 PDT 2007
megasas: 0x1028:0x0015:0x1028:0x1f03: bus 2:slot 14:func 0
megasas: FW now in Ready state
megasas: Failed to copy out to user sense data
megasas: Failed to copy out to user sense data
megasas: Failed to copy out to user sense data
megasas: Failed to copy out to user sense data

No i did not try to retrieve some infos from my card.

Torsten

--
Bitte senden Sie mir keine Word- oder PowerPoint-Anhänge.
Siehe http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.de.html

Really, I'm not out to destroy Microsoft. That will just be a
completely unintentional side effect."
	-- Linus Torvalds